Dr Subhash Chandra Medical Registration Verified Medical Registration Verified
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute(FMRI), Delhi-NCR2
- 30 Years MBBS MD DM DNB - Cardiology Enquire
The following tips can be used by the patients for selecting the best heart surgeon in India:
• Is the surgeon certified by a government healthcare association? MCI (Medical Council of India) is a government-approved board certification that can help patients in determining the creditability of the best heart surgeon in India.
Note: It is important that the surgeon has completed his/her MBBS & MD from a government-affiliated university.
• Does the surgeon pertain of any specific specialization? Different heart conditions require different treatment specialists due to the variation in their treatment.
• How much experience does the surgeon have? Cardiac surgery is a very complicated procedure which should be performed by an experienced surgeon only.
• What are the reviews of the cardiologist or the cardiovascular surgeon? Patients can refer to the reviews listed on our website for assessing old patient’s experiences with their selected surgeons.
Patients can research or compare career profiles of some of the best heart surgeons in India or contact us directly fix an appointment with them.
Cardiologists specialize in the treatment of cardiovascular disease and concern with conditions like severe hypertension, elevated cholesterol and heart rhythm problems. They are also responsible for diagnosing cardiac conditions. A specialized cardiologist can even treat specific heart problems. Interventional cardiologists can treat clogged arteries with stents, close holes in heart and implant heartbeat pacer in the heart.
Cardiac surgeons come from a completely different background. Cardiac surgeons have to attend a surgical residency for 5 – 7 years after gaining their medical degree. Later they become general surgeons, where they train on field for another 2- 4 years for becoming a heart surgeon. A cardiothoracic surgeon learns about the chest and upper abdomen.
They meticulously study other organs present in the chest like the lungs, esophagus, the vessels, lungs, valves and the heart. These surgeons can even study further to gain specialized treatment of particular heart conditions. Cardiac surgeons usually perform surgeries through an incision that allow them to work from inside the patient’s chest, either by performing the surgery between the ribs or by dividing the breastbone.
Heart Transplant – is one of the most complicated medical procedure in which the damaged heart of the patient is replaced with a healthy heart. This surgery can be performed through robotically or via traditional open heart surgery.
TAVI (Transcatheter aortic valve implantation) – is conducted for implanting the aortic valve in the patient through a catheter (long thin tube). The catheter is inserted inside the patient’s body from their groin or by making a small incision in their chest.
MICS (Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery) - aka McGinn Technique is a type of heart surgery performed via multiple small incisions instead of an open heart surgery which uses the median sternotomy approach.
TMVR (Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair) – is a minimally invasive surgery performed for treating regurgitation or stenosis of the mitral valve.
Patients can browse through career profiles of some of the best heart surgeon in India and select the one they find as a suitable fit for their treatment. Once selected they can contact Medmonks, who will arrange a video consultation with their selected cardiac surgeon, to discuss any concerns related to their treatment before traveling to India.
Patients can expect their cardiologist to ask or do the following things to them during their initial consultation in India:
• Discussion about the history of disease including when it started and what triggered it to increase.
• A physical Examination, for studying the patient’s body for any external symptoms (swelling, discoloration etc.).
• Discussion about the medicines and treatment that they have received in the past.
• Analysis of old reports of the patients.
• Suggestion for a few medical tests.
• Preparation of a new treatment plan.
Patients are our number one priority, and we ensure to make them as comfortable as possible in India during their treatment. In case, the patient is unhappy with their treatment or the facilities provided at the hospital, they can contact us, and we will help them move to a different hospital.
Cardiac Surgery is a complicated procedure, from which patients can take longer to recover. During their recovery, they might experience any side-effects or have a general concern. Medmonks provides free video call consultation services for the patient to receive follow-up care after returning to their country.
Reasons that might lead to variation in the fees of different cardiologists in India:
• The location of the hospital or the clinic where the surgeon practices.
• The specialty or super-specialization of the cardiologist.
• The approach used for performing the surgery.
• The equipment used in the surgery.
• The complications faced during the surgery.
• Medications used in the surgery.
Patients can use our website to compare some of the best hospitals for cardiac surgery in India or contact us directly for getting expert advice on which hospital or surgeon should they select based on their condition. We recommend patients to select hospitals in metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore, as the cardiology department of these hospitals consists of the latest technology and accounts for some of the most reputed and experienced doctors.
Medmonks is a medical travel assistance company which has a network of certified hospitals and healthcare professionals in India, that help international patients receive quality medical care in India. Our services have been designed to allow patients to receive treatment from the best heart surgeon in India at an affordable price.
These are some of the extensive services provided by us:
Pre-Arrival – Visa Assistance | Online Consultation | Flight Booking
Upon Arrival – Airport Pickup | Free Translator | Accommodation Arrangements | Doctor Appointment | 24*7 Customer Care | Religious Arrangements | Arrangement for Dietary Needs